The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources was established under statute 33 in October 2004, as one of the six Colleges of the University, created under the collegiate system. Its mandate is to train, research and disseminate knowledge in sustainable agriculture, renewable natural resources management and rural development.The College is made up of the following Faculties and Research Centres:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources
- Faculty of Forest Resources Technology
- Bureau for Integrated Rural Development (BIRD)
- Centre for Biodiversity Utilization and Development (CBUD)
- KNUST Dairy/Beef Cattle Research Station, Boadi
- Agriculture Research Station, Anwomaso
- International Centre for Innovative Learning (ICIL)
The College offers a variety of programmes for both undergraduate and graduate studies. Programmes are regularly reviewed while new programmes are so structured to ensure ready job market for our graduates. Quality training which blends theory with practicals prepare students to face real world situation and also offer practical solution to problems.
The College is involved in a number of collaborative researches with National and International Institutions and Organizations such as FORIG, MOFA, Forestry Commission, ICRA, and CIDA among others.